The use of plastic pipes for these applications is due to three characteristics, the relevance of which depends on the specific field of application in each case:
- Resistance to internal pressure
- High heat-resistance.
- Pipes in heating systems have to be gas-tight, to prevent corrosion of the heating system’s metal components
PE-Xa, PE-Xb, PE-Xc, PE-RT, PP-R, PB and C-PVC have been established as the most suitable materials for domestic installations. The oxygen barrier for pipes in heating systems is provided either by an EVOH layer or an aluminum barrier in composite pipes. Recently, geothermal pipes are also becoming more and more popular.
This type of pipe is frequently used in heating engineering, particularly for floor heating applications.
- 5-layer pipes with diameters from 12-63 mm
- The middle aluminum layer ensures high dimensional stability and at the same time flexibility and is surrounded by two adhesive layers and inner and outer layers made from either PE-X or PE-RT
- The pipes are impervious to oxygen and other gases
- If PE-X is used for the outer and inner layers, pipes are also resistant to UV radiation on the outside and chlorine on the inside
These pipes are generally used for hot and cold water transport.
Pipe characteristics glass-fiber reinforced pipe:
- Multi-layer pipe without oxygen barrier used for hot/cold water applications
- To increase rigidity and to reduce thermal expansion, a glass-fiber reinforced layer is extruded into the pipe
Pipe characteristics stabi pipes:
- 5-layer PP-R pipe without oxygen barrier used for hot/cold water applications
- To improve rigidity the PP-R pipe is coated with an overlapped, bonded aluminum sheet and equipped with a think outer layer
These pipes are predominantly used in floor heating and panel heating systems, as well as for hot and cold water installation systems. It is necessary to prevent the diffusion of oxygen through the pipe wall in heating pipes. This is why, these pipes are produced as multi-layer pipes with an oxygen barrier layer made from EVOH.
- Mono-layer pipes made from PE-X, PE-RT, PB
- 3-layer pipes consist of an inner layer made of PE-X, PE-RT or PB, an adhesive layer and an outer layer made from EVOH
- 5-layer pipes consist of an inner layer made of PE-X, PE-RT or PB, an adhesive layer and an EVOH layer, as well as an additional adhesive layer and an outer layer made of PE-HD, PE-X, PE-RT or PB
Please select the language of your choice.